[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Lost in the lush greenery of Haputale, about a thousand feet above sea level, close to the Lipton seat is a rural cliff top, transformed into a lodge classified as the most remote mountain lodge in Sri Lanka, to present one-of-a-kind mountain living experiences to guests.
What to expect:
- A 360-degree view on the cliff as you follow the clouds on their journey to an endless mountain range.
- Observe blissful sunrises, glowing sunsets, the majestic moon, and twinkling stars.
- The lodge has been intentionally left unharmed so as to give you an untouched feel of Mother Nature.
- To test your capability of a simple, rustic and off-the-grid living experience with no electricity, no hot water, and very restricted phone signals.
- An authentic ‘back to nature’ lifestyle is what you will experience.
- Offer respect to nature and wildlife – no littering, no excessive noise.
- Picturesque train/road journeys to reach Haputale, where The Cliff Lodge team will welcome you.
- Begin with a 2 hour off-road jeep safari ride and a 1.8km hike through mountainous forests in order to reach The Cliff Lodge.
- Because The Cliff Lodge takes only one booking at a time, you can expect complete privacy and freedom with your friends and/or family. Two team members will be around to assist you with anything that you may need.
- Meals will be provided on-site, in addition to unlimited hot beverages.
- If you have any special dietary requirements, the team will cater to it.
Where you will stay:
- Four tents are provided, each has the capacity to sleep two adults.
- Each tent is equipped with air mattresses, bedsheets, pillows, sleeping bags and a lantern.
- Open bathroom facilities are about a minute away from the tents and offer breathtaking views!
- The Lodge also has indoor and outdoor dining facilities, a lounge to hang out, a rock garden with campfire facilities and other spots to make the best of the scenic views.
What you will do:
- Exciting adventures of trekking and exploring the forest and discovering the hidden river.
- Dip in natural ponds, shower under cascading waterfalls, and relax in your private natural Jacuzzi!
- Instead of watching television at night, tune into a campfire and bond with each other under the starry skies.
- Depart with an exclusive German Pancake breakfast prepared by The Lodge Chefs.
- A return jeep safari ride back to your private vehicle or the railway station to continue your rail tour in Sri Lanka.
We hope that this information was helpful in planning your trip to The Cliff Lodge in Haputale, Sri Lanka. If you need any further clarification, do not hesitate to get in touch with the Blue Lanka team. We recommend you make your reservations well in advance as The Cliff Lodge only accommodates one group of guests at a time, and a minimum of two nights stay is required to give you the real mountain-living experience.