The Ancient Ways of the Sri Lankan Culture!
What can be said about the Sri Lankan Culture that is not already bound to impress the ways of the outsiders. Well when we say “Outsiders”, we do not actually mean outsider, but you can catch my drift.
Ayurveda is known to be an “Ancient System” of medicine in this part of the world, and it is also worthy to note that the name “Ayurveda” comes from two conjoined Sanskrit Words “Ayuh (life)” and “Veda (Science or Knowledge)”. Forget about the ancient times, even in this modern day where technology has taken hold of the social world, humans are still trying to achieve optimum state of health by any means necessary, for that, anyone can easily say “Sri Lanka Is the Place to Be”.
The Vital Forces of Ayurveda
There are definitely more than a several beliefs that “Ayurveda” would follow, but the main belief that would amount to greatness would be that of “Tri Dosha” or more commonly known as the three vital forces – Vayu, Pita, and Kapha.
Vayu – is known for the transmission of energy within the body itself, and when speaking in terms of Grey’s Anatomy, it would be Nerve Impulses, Muscle Contractions and Hormonal Activity.
Pita – it is in-line with bile, but it cannot be confined to it, as it would signify the whole idea of metabolism and the heat creation that would occur inside a human being.
Kapha – would simply mean “Mucus” best described as “The Protective Fluid”, but to get a better idea about this, watching a movie such as The Species or Alien would definitely do the trick.
Ingenuity in the Heart of The Pearl of the Indian Ocean
Throughout the years that Sri Lanka has come through development, we have also had the capacity to come up with various and at the same time wonderful, not to forget authentic, methods of Ayurveda in Sri Lanka. Below you can find some of them, just to have a better idea:
- Body Massage – The abhyanga is used for relaxation & it also improves blood circulation.
- Head Oil Application – It improves the blood circulation in the head area, and prevents and cures the nuisances such as headaches and migraines.
- Facial Treatment – Herbal paste are created to smooth out wrinkles and to give clear skin.
- Herbal Bath – Leaves and roots of Herbal Origin are boiled and poured on the patients
- Neck & Shoulder Massage – Herbal Oils created in special origins are applied to the neck and shoulder to release muscular spasms, rheumatic pains.
Those mentioned above, are literally the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Ayurveda Techniques in Sri Lanka, and trust me when I say, if you do indeed want to find out the rest of the treatments, you can definitely contact one of our experts through: https://www.bluelankatours.com
Where It Is Used!
More than a dozen hotels in Sri Lanka have been designed just for the usage of Ayurveda & quite frankly, the timing that it would take to create such an atmosphere, is indeed quite time consuming, which in return, provides you with the capacity to imagine how good they must be. Here are top 05 of the best Ayurveda Retreats in Sri Lanka:
- Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilion – Negombo
- Heritance Ayurveda Mahagedara – Beruwala
- Ayurveda Paragon Resort – Talpe
- Barberyn Beach Ayurveda Resort – Weligama
- Kandy Samadhi Centre – Kandy
If you are looking for relaxation, or a place to clear out your head and find your Inner Peace, then Sri Lanka is the place to be. Like I mentioned before, everything mentioned is just the “Tip of the Iceberg” and there is much more that can be offered and provided. The choice is yours, and we are more than happy to help you out: https://www.bluelankatours.com
Sachin De Silva