Happen to be in Sri Lanka this Christmas? Don’t miss out on the well-organized festivities at many hotels around the country. Read through this article and plan your Sri Lanka holiday itinerary according to which hotel attracts you the most with its festive offerings.
25th to 29th December
- Get ready to meet Santa Claus from the North Pole at Hilton Colombo! Step into the lobby and you will be surrounded with live music and Santa Claus with gifts for everyone.
Kids can meet Santa, take photos with him and he will also listen to their letters. In fact encourage your kids to write to Santa and drop off their letters at Santa’s Toy Shop at Hilton and the most creative letter will be awarded.
- Live entertainment daily throughout the festive season at the Lounge and Bar – Hilton.
- Visit the retail store “Merry Display” for Christmas treats. Pick your own Chrismas goodies or create a customized hamper from a selection of gourmet food items.
- Dine at Graze Kitchen, Curry Leaf or IIl Ponte and stand a chance to win a family trip to Legoland in Malaysia (offer applicable from 25th to 30th December).
- Indulge in a delicious high tea at the Lounge and Bar, including a range of sweets and savories with a festive twist.
The Grand Hotel
- 24th December: A gala Christmas Eve dinner buffet spread themed – “A Night in Rome”.
- 25th December: “Champagne Breakfast and Christmas Lunch” – A majestic breakfast and a grand luncheon with an international buffet.
- 26th to 30th December: Fun-filled theme nights at the Barnes Hall
- Cricketers Night
- Surf & Turf Night
- Sri Lankan Night
- Tex Mex Night
- 31st December: Head on to “The Garage” of The Grand Hotel for an exciting New Year’s Eve Dinner Dance.
This luxury mansion inspired by the Colonial roots of Nuwara Eliya is an ideal place for a relaxing holiday this Christmas. It is best to make advance reservations at The Governor’s Mansion Boutique to embrace the cool climate and celebrate Christmas in a homely atmosphere.
Each room at this mansion has a built in fire place and the hotel management arranges a tumbler with milk and cookies next to the fireplace of each room. Enjoy live music and mouthwatering dishes until the dawn of the New Year 2018. The friendly staff are proud to be dressed in Christmas hats while serving turkey trimmings and other Christmas goodies to its guests. The hotel offers a mix of everything you would want in the western world while residing in truly colonial surroundings.
Enjoy a beach escape this Christmas at Amari Hotel in Galle.
- 24th December: unwrap an unforgettable Christmas by indulging in a scrumptious traditional seasonal spread including a wide range of “willy wonka” themed delights.
- 25th December: a gala international buffet for guests to enjoy festive delicacies from all parts of the world.
- 31st December: an exciting night of fun, food and games – “Carnival De Galle”. You will find a collection of international market style live cooking stations and special music performances. Fun filled activities for kids is also on the plate at Amari Galle this New Year’s Eve.
The Grand Kandyan Hotel
Haul in the festive season this year whilst enjoying a 360 degree view of the beautiful mountain ranges in the hill capital of Kandy.
- 24th December: “Christmas Eve” dinner at the Royal Peacock Ballroom featuring a live band, Santa, prizes and more surprises.
- 25th December: Tamarind Restaurant will host the “Traditional Christmas Lunch” and a “Christmas Dinner” filled with delicious festive delicacies.
Ozo Hotel Kandy
- 24th December: welcoming guests to enjoy delightful dishes such as lobsters, prawn dumplings, smoked turkey leg, raspberry salsa, traditional roast turkey (with stuffing and cranberry gravy), yule log, and many more Christmas delights.
- 25th December: an additional range of fusion dishes to account for a memorable Christmas. Dishes include saffron infused seafood chowder, smoked duck leg with peach and berry, coconut crumbled reef fish, batter fried crab, mango white chocolate bavarois and much more.
- 31st December: the chefs at Ozo Kandy will whip up another ambitious spread of international delicacies for the last night of 2017. Highlights will be the dessert range that includes linzer tort, chocolate brownie, cherry clafouti and hazel nut & milk chocolate mousse.