alongside the trees on the banks of Koggala Lake (close to Galle), the uniquely fascinating Tri Lanka is a luxury boutique hotel. With a stunning design aesthetic, fabulous food and great service, this retreat is sure to pamper your mind, body and soul.
by award winning architect Raefer Wallis and photographer Rob Drummond, sustainable architecture is celebrated at Tri Lanka along with the Golden ratio – an ancient Greek Mathematical theory which creates shapes that can be seen by the eye as perfectly beautiful. Giving guests the feel of worldly detachment, this
property is located on a hill alongside the Koggala Lake and is accessible only by boat. More apt for honeymooners and adults looking for a perfect escape, Tri Lanka does not accept children below 12 years of age.
Sustainable architecture means all ten rooms at this resort are built using eco-friendly material so as to create minimum impact on the environment.
- Water Tower Rooms – consist of an elongated (egg-shaped) structure decorated with cinnamon sticks. Boasting a king size bed, printed linen, attached bathroom with rain shower, this building is located at the center of the property. Designed with lone travelers, older teens and budget restricted travelers in mind, the water tower has a rooftop space with comfortable seating to enjoy a drink while watching the sun set.
- Lake Suites – a private villa on the edge of the Koggala Lake have similar furnishings in addition to a comfortable sofa and a private balcony overlooking
- Lake Villas – individual, fully furnished and spacious villas offering uninterrupted views of the Koggala Lake.
Tri Lanka is Sri Lanka’s first truly contemporary sustainable luxury design hotel, located on a 6-acre hill of stunning natural beauty, making ecotourism absolutely inspiring!
- Living roofs planted with native creepers
- Harvested rainwater and natural fertilizers to nourish edible gardens
- Endemictrees attract native birds and butterflies
- Energy usage minimized through latest technology
- Recycled jak wood to make windows, doors and flooring
- Stones sifted on site used to construct balcony and terrace finishing
- Reversing habitat degradation
- Planting indigenous trees and bushes
- Program initiated to tackle lakeshore erosion
Predominantly the food reflects much of local flavors while also catering to Western palates. Lunch is usually a limited set menu which is curated to perfection by the chef and kitchen staff. Dinner features a 6 course menu highlighting the day’s catch from the lake. The Kabalana Beach restaurant at Tri serves exclusive Sri Lankan fusion gourmet cuisine made with 100% local products.
Friendly waiters running around and very efficient, waiting to serve guests in the best possible manner. The lounge/reception area overlooking the openness of the Koggala Lake is arguably the best view at this resort.
A range of facilities are available at Tri Lanka to help replenish your mind, body and soul. The infinity swimming pool, library, yoga class at the tree top Yoga Shala and a mind boggling spa offering splendid relaxing treatments does it all. For excursions, you could cycle around the hotel, go Kayaking on the Lake, visit nearby beaches of Sri Lanka and the Galle Fort, take a tour of the Handanugoda Tea Estate, enjoy a game of golf, go whale watching or indulge in some water sports.