Cultural Triangle Tour in Sri Lanka
The Cultural Triangle is named after three important historic sites that form a triangle.
Anuradhapura is located to the north, Polonaruwa is located to the east, and Kandy is located to the south-west. Other points of interest inside the triangle are Mihintale, Ritigala, and Dambulla.
The legendary Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka is a rich trove of historic structures, royal towns, and Buddhist temples that were once the furnace of early Sinhalese culture. The triangle’s three points are symbolized by the island’s three historic capitals: Kandy, the first Sinhalese capital, Anuradhapura, and Polonnaruwa, the medieval capital.
This region, formerly home to ancient Sinhalese nobility, is rich in historic ruins and rebuilt temples and is a must-see when in Sri Lanka. The Cultural Triangle will be perceived differently depending on how much time is spent there. The following are 11 facts regarding Sri Lanka’s Cultural Triangle.
In Blue Lanka Tours’ Cultural Triangle Tour, it unites the ancient towns of Anuradhapura,
Polonnaruwa, and Kandy in the nation’s core, featuring four UNESCO World Heritage Sites,
as well as National Parks, temples, and the hill country capital. Here’s our guide to the mustsee attractions, as well as some tips from our team to you.
Contact us for details
When to go
All year around
Airport – Hotel – Tour attractions – Airport
Picture your self
Taking a Bicycle Tour around Polonnaruwa
Watching the Vistas from Lions Rock
At Temple of the Tooth
A Bicycle tour around Anuradhapura Kingdom
A Herbal Massage after climbing Sigiriya
The Theva Pooja in temple of the Tooth
• Airport Pickup & Transfer to Negombo
• Overnight stay in Negombo
• Transfer to Anuradhapura
• Explore Anuradhapura Ancient City by Bicycles
• Visit to Mihintale Buddhist Temple
• Transfer to Sigiriya
• En route visit Ritigala Monastery
• Overnight stay in Sigiriya
• Morning Explore Sigiriya Lions Rock
• Experience Authentic Sri Lankan Lunch
• Afternoon Explore Polonnaruwa Ancient City
• Overnight stay in Sigiriya
• Transfer to Kandy
• En route explore Dambulla Caves Temple
• Visit Matale Alu Viharaya
• Optional – Nalanda Gedige
• Evening enjoy Cultural Dance Show at 05.00PM
• Overnight stay in Kandy
• Morning Blessings at Kandy Temple of Tooth
• Explore Kandy City
• Transfer to Colombo
• Visit to Royal Botanical Gardens Peradeniya
• Overnight stay in Colombo
• Airport Transfer
Trail on the ground
Q. When is the best to visit Cultural Triangle?
A. All-year-round you can visit. Best during January to March which is dry months.
Q. How long does it take to climb Ritigala?
A. Approximately one & half hours.
Q. Do the hotels in Sri Lanka have family rooms?
A. Yes, most of the hotels have family rooms.
Q. Do the hotels have cots for toddlers?
A. Yes, they do provide a baby cots on request.
Real people, real views
How they experienced it
- Sun screen is a must when you are in the Cultural Triangle
- Bring clothes that can cover your hands cause you maybe exposed to a lot of sun and also because you will be visiting temples
- Don’t forget your cameras
- Carry a hat with you, this will come handy
Help me make the best tour experience
We believe no two holidays should be the same and a human touch can make all the difference.
We take the time to get to know you so we can help you find your amazing getaway.