Family Tour in Sri Lanka
Take your family on an exciting holiday by opting for this exclusively designed family tour in Sri Lanka.
The next morning you will head off to Sigiriya and en route you have a chance to visit the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and mingle with the elephants there. Your overnight stay on day two will be at Heritance Kandalama in Sigiriya.
On the morning of day three, you will be taken to the Ancient City of Polonnaruwa where you can explore the ruins left by the Cholas Dynasty. Afterwards, you can experience an amazing Sri Lankan Rice and Curry Experience in the locality of Priyamali House.
You will end the day by experiencing an amazing sunset atop the Sigiriya Lions Rock.
On day four of this family trip in Sri Lanka will visit the Dambulla Cave Temple in the nearby city of Dambulla and then drive to the city of Kandy. Once there, you will undertake an amazing sightseeing experience around the Kandy Lake and towards the evening you will be taken to enjoy a cultural dance show. Your night stay will be at The Golden Crown hotel.
In the morning, you will partake in the ceremonial event of the Temple of the Tooth. Afterwards, you will begin your journey to the beautiful town of Nuwara Eliya. En route, you stop for a visit at the lovely Ramboda Water Falls. In Nuwara Eliya, your night stay will be at Grand Hotel.
On day six, we take you to explore the stunning Horton Plains and the trail to the “World’s End” point. Also on the schedule is a visit to the lavish tea plantations, Pedro Tea Factory and a boat safari on Gregory Lake. At the end of the day, you return to Grand Hotel for the night.
The following morning we have a beautiful train journey lined up for you from Nanu Oya to the breathtaking town of Ella. Upon reaching, you can visit the “Little Adams Peak” and the Rawana Water Falls. In Ella you also have the unique opportunity of taking part in a cookery class that teaches you how to make the authentic Sri Lankan Rice and Curry. Your overnight stay will be at 98 Acres Resort and Spa.
On day eight you will head towards the South of the island. On the way to the city of Yala, you will visit the Buduruwagala Buddha Statue. Once in Yala, you will be taken on an exciting Jeep Safari at the Yala National Park. Your night stay will be at Cinnamon Wild, Yala.
The next day you will be driven to the neighbouring city of Mirissa. En route, you can visit the fish market as well as observe the old and mind boggling tradition of stilt fishing. Once you check in to Sri Sharavi Beach Villas in Mirissa, you can relax on the beach for the rest of the day.
10, 11, 12
Early next morning we will take you on a whale watching tour in Mirissa and then drive you to Galle, where you will explore the Galle Dutch Fort. Your next stop will be in Bentota, which is also on the southern coastline. Vivanta by Taj is the hotel you will be staying over for the night.
As you approach the end of this Sri Lanka family tour, days eleven and twelve are completely dedicated towards relaxing at the beach, giving yourself a nice sun tan and spending quality time with your family.
On day thirteen, you will begin your journey to Colombo. On the way, we have lined up a visit to the turtle Hatchery and a boat ride on the Madu Lake. Once in Colombo, your night stay will be at Galle Face Hotel.
Day fourteen is assigned for exploring the city and doing some shopping, provided you have sufficient time before the departure of your flight. You are now at the end of the wonderful and luxurious tour with Blue Lanka Tours.
- Trip Length: 12 Days
- Giving yourself a lovely sun tan on the southern coast beaches of Sri Lanka.
- Absorb stunning views during your train journey across the hill country.
- Enjoy a family friendly jeep safari at the Yala National Park while looking out for unique animal species throughout the drive.
- Discover Captivating Cultures In Cultural Triangle As A Family
- Family mealPartaking In Cooking And Share A Delicious Lunch With A Local Family In A Village
- Train rideTake A Rocking And Rolling Train Journey To Hill Country Of Sri Lanka
- Wildlife tourWonder At Exotic Wildlife With A Safari In Yala National Park
Places you will stay
- Families with teens, toddlers and elderly parents are welcome!
- You can visit Sri Lanka all-year-round, may be during summer break; gorgeous Christmasseason or in May half
term just before the southern monsoon begin.
- Bike around Polonnaruwa to admire the temples and further let your kids coil of menacing but de-venomed
snakes around their necks to make your excursion memorable
- Partake in evening pooja ceremony at Kandy temple and make an offering to the sacred tooth relic of Lord
Buddha which is a humbling and captivating ritual that kids would have never seen before.
- Try a city tour in Kandy by Tuk-Tuk to get close to locals and taste some of the ‘must try’ street food
delicacies along the ride with kids.
- Remember to request to reserve seats in second class the windows open up, to get best opportunity to soak in
the surrounds and take a daring happy snap.
- Be sure to take plenty of water and snacks with you during trekking times, to keep energy levels of kids up.
- You are free to choose an afternoon jeep safari, as kids will not prefer to early dawn start safaris.
- Suggest taking seasick pills in the morning before embarking for whale watching, to minimize motion
- Make sure to bring your sunscreen with you.
- Please let us know if adults and kids have any dietary preferences or food allergies we should be informed
the hotels of in the arrangements of your meals.
Q. How many steps are there to climb Sigiriya Lions Rock?
It has about 1200 steps to climb.
Q. Is there any trek to Ramboda Water Falls?
We offer only a sightseeing tour from it’s view point.
Q. Do the hotels in Sri Lanka have interconnecting rooms?
Yes, some hotels have interconnecting rooms.
Q. Are baby seats available if needed?
Yes, we will provide baby seats.