Kids Tour With Sri Lanka’s Big Five
What is Sri Lanka’s Big 5?
• Big Blue – The Blue Whale, the biggest animal which has ever lived on the planet
• Big Tooth – The Sperm Whale, the biggest toothed whale
• Big Ele – The Asian Elephant, is the biggest terrestrial mammal in Asia.
• Big Cat – The leopard, is the biggest cat in Sri Lanka, the third biggest in Asia, and the top
predator in Sri Lanka.
• Big Tropical Bear – One of the biggest bears in tropical latitudes. The Sloth Bear may well
be the largest in tropical latitudes, but data on Asian bears is not sufficient at the time of
writing to be conclusive.
Why Sri Lanka? How did we get about the BIG FIVE?
There were two compelling reasons why many believed that if we were to brand and sell a “Big List,” we should go with a “Big Five.” To begin with, establishing a Sri Lankan Big Five provides asymmetry of the phrase’ with the African Big Five. Second, Sri Lanka is the greatest safari destination outside of Africa, and it makes sense to have an asymmetry of phrases’ because both the enormous continent of Africa and the tiny island of Sri Lanka are Big Game safari equivalents. Outside of Africa, no other country or continent can claim five large iconic creatures with a high strike rate and the opportunity to view them all in a single trip. Sri Lanka is the ideal wildlife safari location for a distinct Big Five experience. Because of the symmetry of the term, and because Sri Lanka is an island equivalent to the defining safari continent, it makes sense for Sri Lanka Tourism to embrace Big Five safari branding.
Kids and the Big Five!
From sloth bears to sperm whales, Sri Lanka is home to some of the most remarkable wildlife
on the planet and therefore a must-do itinerary in Sri Lanka when traveling with your kids is The Kids Tour with Sri Lanka’s Big Five by Blue Lanka Tours. This Itinerary has it all. When traveling with a family, the most enticing experiences around your children and the activities that keep them excited throughout is what any parent would need. With an array of excursions and activities centered around the Big Five Wildlife sightings, you can witness for yourself when in Sri Lanka, this Kids Tour in Sri Lanka captures all five in one and is sure to give the best of Sri Lanka’s wildlife tour for your Kids.
For no more than 6 Days – The Kids Tour Itinerary with the Big Five of Sri Lanka has the best selection of family-friendly hotels and can be 100% customizable for your family seeking to have a family escape to Sri Lanka. Blue Lanka Tours has the best Family travel planning experts who will guide you and give you all the information you will need.
Contact us for Details
When to go
November to March
Airport – Hotel – Tour attractions – Airport
Picture your self
Watching Magnificent Sperm Whales and Blue Whales in Sri Lanka
Spotting Leopards & Sloth Bear in Yala
Enjoying rehabilitation of Elephants at the Elephant Transit Home
Walking around Hambanthota Bird park
• Pickup and Assistance at the Airport
• Transfer to Mirissa
• Check-Into Your Beach Hotel and Relax
• Kids Can Play on Expansive Beach If it’s not Dark!
• Overnight stay in Mirissa
• Early Morning Leave to Mirissa Harbour
• Go on Whale and Dolphin Watching in the Indian Ocean
• Kids will Get Close Encounters with the Blue whales and Sperm Whales
• Kids will also be amazed by Playful Dolphins there
• Evening at Leisure
• Overnight stay in Mirissa
• Transfer to Yala
• En Route Visit to Hambantota Bird Park
• Check-Into The Hotel and Refresh
• Afternoon Game Drive in Yala National Park – The Kingdom of Leopards
• Overnight stay in Yala
• Morning Go on Another Wildlife Safari in Yala National Park Spot Sloth Bears, Peacocks, Toque Macaques, Etc.
• Transfer to Udawalawe
• Visit Elephant Transit Home – Great Place to See Mischievous Chubby Little Elephants
• Kids will be Enthralled Seeing These Little Elephants Running to the Feeding Point, Being Fed, and Playing Around
• Overnight stay in Udawalawe
• Morning Jeep Safari in Udawalawe National Park and Enjoy Guaranteed Sightings of Elephants
• Transfer to Colombo
• Spend the Evening at Leisure Enjoying the Hotel Facilities
• Alternatively, You Can Take the Kids to a Play Zone in Colombo City Center
• Overnight stay in Colombo
• Airport Transfer
Trail on the ground
Q. What are the chances of seeing all the animals on this Tour?
A. Chances are high. However, it is mother nature. We cannot station the animals for you. But the season in which you choose to travel and your luck plays a major role and will give you a good chance to see these Big five wildlife in Sri Lanka.
Q. Are the hotels kid-friendly on this Tour?
A. Yes. All hotels selected are Family/Kid Friendly
Q. How long does it take to do an afternoon Jeep Safari in Yala?
A. If you start at 2 pm you will leave the National Park by 6 pm :). Basically, it is about 4 hrs.
Q. How long does it take for a whale-watching tour in Mirissa?
A. It depends on your sightings. If you see Whales soon enough – your whale watching tour will end by 12pm ( 6am – 12 pm). But if you don’t get to see it, the team will stretch the lookout hours to at least 2.30 pm.
Real people, real views
How they experienced it
- Keep your kids in comfortable cotton clothes and shoes – they mustn’t feel the heat much and enjoy their time
- Make sure to always carry water with you. Keep yourselves hydrated whenever possible
- Always keep us informed prior if you require baby seats – so we have time to have them ready in time for the tour
- Carry a few snacks when you’re on the train journey
Help me make the best tour experience
We believe no two holidays should be the same and a human touch can make all the difference.
We take the time to get to know you so we can help you find your amazing getaway.