Combining a holiday to Sri Lanka and the Maldives is a great idea, significantly due to its close geographical location and easy flight combinations. This holiday option will offer a fusion of history and culture, wildlife experiences, wrapped up with an unwinding stay at the white sand beaches and turquoise waters of an exclusive luxury resort in the Maldives. Hence we have a perfect contrast of Sri Lankan vibrancy and peace and serenity in the Maldives to make your holiday ideal!
Blue Lanka Tours can customize a holiday itinerary for you, making the most of your time by giving you the best of both countries. Our team of friendly travel consultants has immense knowledge and experience in terms of activities in Sri Lanka and we have also personally reviewed each and every island resort we partner with in the Maldives. We would love to pass on our ideas to make your
holiday a special one.
What to Cover in Sri Lanka?
In Sri Lanka, we would cover diverse, landscapes, the opportunity to spot wild leopards and elephants on a jeep safari at a National Park, or include a whale watching activity off the southern coast. You can also experience walks in lush tea estates and tropical rainforests as well as visit ancient Buddhist cave temples and ruined cities.
What we have in mind when planning this Sri Lanka and Maldives tour for you, is to include 07 days touring Sri Lanka, 08th day for traveling between countries, and another 5 days for relaxation on the pristine beaches of Sri Lanka:
- Three days at the ultra-luxurious Heritance Kandalama. From here you will explore the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, indulge in an authentic rice and curry meal, and then visit the Minneriya National Park for a jeep safari. Another activity in Sigiriya is the popular Lion’s Rock – an easy climb to discover ruins of an ancient rock fortress and to observe beautiful frescoes and paintings inside the rock.
- Depart from Sigiriya and visit the Dambulla Rock Cave Temple, Ayurvedic Herbal Gardens and the Royal Botanical Gardens; the last one upon reaching Kandy later on Day 4.
- The next day, obtain blessings from the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and head towards “Little England”, better known as Nuwara Eliya. Here you will experience the best of Sri Lanka’s hill country, along with a nature trail to the Horton Plains – “World’s End Viewpoint”, on day 6.
- The final day in Sri Lanka will most likely be spent in traveling to Colombo, and if time prevails, a city tour is optional.
While you’ve read enough about holidays in Sri Lanka, here’s a little brief on the Maldives and what you need to know about the country.
Is Maldives part of Sri Lanka?
The Republic of Maldives is a small country in South Asia, located southwest of Sri Lanka and India, about one thousand kilometers from the Asian continent. The waters it lies in are the Arabian Sea, part of the Indian Ocean.
How far is Maldives from Sri Lanka?
The shortest distance by air between Sri Lanka and Maldives is 1034 kms. An average flight would take about one hour and 15 minutes to take you to Maldives, from Sri Lanka.
Things to do in Maldives:
The objective of a visit to Maldives is to absolutely relax and unwind, taking in the gorgeous beaches and resorts. Beautiful sunshine, calm and swim safe waters, white sands, peace and tranquil will accompany you all the way. Yet, if you have family and children or you personally prefer a touch of adrenaline rush to add to this kind of a holiday, Maldives offers a stunning marine life to explore. A few water activities include:
- Deep sea diving
- Jet skiing
In addition to these, there are additional activities that you can add to your itinerary:
- Dolphin watching
- Shore excursions
- Island hopping
- Sunset fishing with BBQ dinner
- Shopping in the capital island of Male
Isn’t the thought of exploring two destinations in one holiday a tempting offer? You could either choose the existing itinerary of Sri Lanka and Maldives tourfrom our website or we will be more than glad to customize it for you based on your requirements and preferences. All you have to do is get in touch with us today!