Sri Lanka’s North West coast – a lesser known area of the island brings together a nature appreciation and preservation festival by creating awareness through music and art for the environment. The Wild Collective is a gathering for those travelers whose best talents are exposed when communing with nature. Musicians, artists, biologists, entrepreneurs, healers, yogis, wildlife experts, adventurers and other specialists from all parts of this paradise island come together at this festival. On one of Sri Lanka’s most enchanting locations, join this eclectic 3 day festival with your loved ones and open your hearts to an ocean of new possibilities while dancing under the twinkling lights of the universe, embracing the world with love and light.
About Kalpitiya – The Location
Kalpitiya is a peninsula located on the North West coast of Sri Lanka and has much to offer for locals and tourists alike. Apart from the breathtaking beaches on this coast, sperm and blue whales, spinner dolphins, monkeys, lemurs and wild donkeys are a few highlights. Also, Kalpitiya is world renowned to be one of the best locations for kitesurfing – with almost year round ideal wind conditions.
Founders of the Festival
The Wild Collective Festival is a joint effort by a group of friends and entrepreneurs who have opted out of the ‘corporate’ world to pursue their passion.
- Dilsiri, one of the oldest ‘settlers’ in Kalpitiya, launched Kitesurfing Sri Lanka (KSL) to cater to the growing market for kitesurfing.
- Keira is a hiker, diving master, kitesurfing instructor and an environmentalist. He also has a lot of experience in drumming at music festivals in the US.
- Anais from Barcelona has experience in organizing large music festivals and fancy dress themed parties. He is Head Chef at Kite House Café – the number one restaurant in Kalpitiya.
- Arvinda is the artistic collaborator for the Wild Collective – bringing out the creative talents in people in a spontaneous environment.
Details of the 2019 Wild Collective Festival
Here are a few highlights of the festival happening in Kalpitiya on April 5th, 6th and 7th 2019.
Visit www.wildcollectivekalpitiya.com for tickets.
Local and foreign DJs and bands ranging from electronic to reggae will be performing, along with a mix of music and arts to make sure there’s something for everyone! In true festival style, those who have their own tent facilities are most welcome to camp out on KSL grounds.
- A flash of fusion Flamenco from Barcelona
- Magic Banda – the singer cum magician
- Wade Campbell and Out of Time
- Rohantha Reggae band
- Sherry and Germaine
- A film screening and discussion
- Mad Scientist
- Spirited Kaffir Musicians
- Scuba Diving
- Kite House Café
- The BKNR Café
- The KSL Kitchen
- Dr. Ranil Senanayake – Systems Ecologist
- Movie Screening and Talk by Jude Ratnam
- Wild Workshops
- Excursions at Sea
- Yoga for Adults and Kids
- Mandala Meditation
- Recycled Installations with Rajitha
- Ceylon Art Ink Tattoos
- Live Metal Sculpting
- Clay Workshop